Amazing Arts and Crafts ideas
Looking for easy, simple, cheap and low mess craft activities for your child’s birthday party? That is a tall order. My friend asked me for ideas this morning so I researched made a round up and am sharing with you! Here are 12 Birthday Party Craft Activities for Kids. At the bottom of this post I am also including some great birthday party theme ideas from one of my favorite bloggers Crafts by Courtney
1. Decorate Photobooth Props – Kids can decorate these printables cut them out and glue them onto wood dowels. Might be good to do this in the beginning of the party so that the glue can dry during cake and presents. After glue is dry it would be fun to take pictures of the kids with their props and email out to parents
2. Polk a dot vases using Tissue paper circles– This is a cute idea and I think if you dont have a circle cutter then squares would work just fine! Get vases and tissue at the DOLLAR STORE!! I suggest picking neutral colors so that the lovely parents that have to display the vase are not cringing lol.
3. Tissue Flower Branches– If you make the above vase it might be fun to also make these tissue flower branches to put in them
4. Make Candy Bracelets- Simple! Just get some round elastic thread, have the kids loop on the bracelets. They can make a few for friends and family as well since these will be made quickly.
5. Make Bracelet/Necklaces – You can use pasta OR regular beads but the idea of this post that i absolutely LOVE is making little “kits” ahead of time (ok ok I know I said no prep work, you can TOTALLY skip this step and just put out bowls of colored pasta OR regular beads). Dezra- I will a make a printable for Leena’s birthday if you decide to make kits
6. Make Necklace from Clothespins – Kids will LOVE making these necklaces. Either for themselves or for their moms. All you need are clothes pins, string and paint. A little prep work goes into this one if you want to paint the pins yourself first.
7. DIY Ribbon Wands/Lasers – I say lasers because sometimes boys do not want to make wands but lasers…. oh yes they will make those. This tutorial is FABULOUS but it also takes a little work so I am going to suggest that you follow the general idea of making a ribbon wand but I would simply hot glue on a small ring to the tops of the dowels and then you just have to lay out ribbons for the kids and to pick and choose from. They can weave the ribbons through and tie in knots at the top. I would make one ahead of time and work out the kinks!
8. Decorate Craft Frames – These are only $1-2 dollars at Micheals. There are a million ways you can decorate them. Tissue paper squares mod podged on, cupcake wrappers cut up and glued on to make shapes or flowers. I really liked these frame decorating ideas from makinglemonadeblog
9. Make Pizzas – Have the kids make pizzas using pita bread as the crust and BBQ them on the grill as well as the oven if you have a lot of kids and not much oven space! You can get this brown craft paper to cover the table at dollar store or you can use a plastic table cover (they also have these at dollar store but they are thin so buy 2!)
10. Decorate Cookies or Cupcakes – My mom did this my sister and I many times for birthdays and it was so much fun! Here are a few cool inspiration blog posts from ladies who already did this
11. Painting Party – This is fun if you can do it outdoors! I think canvases are expensive but consider having the kids paint on those paper mache shapes from Michaels that are only 79cents to $1 and a pretty good size or visit the wood section and see what you can find.
12. Paint Chip Art – Cut out paint chip squares and let the kids make artwork by gluing them onto a craft frame or a paper mache wall mount. Anything that they can display. You could also cut them into circles, butterflys or hearts if you have a craft punch and have the kids fold them making for 3-D artwork.
Special thanks to Redtedart and Meaningfulmama for their suggestions on the Kids Blogging Network today! You ladies have so many GOOD CRAFTING IDEAS on your blogs! You are amazing. For activities and crafts go check out their sites.
If you enjoyed this post and would like to receive DIY tutorials, Party inspiration, Free printables and more every Friday then