Christmas Craft Party ideas
marta writes: how-to host a craft party
September 9, 2022 – 06:29 am
HOW-TO HOST A CRAFT PARTY
by jessica of Living the Swell Life
I had such a fine + fabulous experience hosting my first craft party, or more creatively entitled a Christmas Crafternoon, that I'd like to dedicate a post to sharing my thoughts and tips for anyone up to the challenge of hosting her own in the future! Although I could probably talk your ear off on this subject, I will try to simplify the matter into a brief, handy list. Also, if you are interested in examples of some of the crafts we made you can check them out right here!
1. If you build it, they will come. It's true. When I first posted an invitation for this party, I was a nervous wreck, thinking no one would show. But I learned that girls love a chance to get together, and they double love a chance to get creative when everything is spread out in front of them. So many of my friends say they wish they could be more crafty but don't have the time or inspiration. I shared a public invite both on facebook and this blog, hoping to meet some new crafty girls in the area and also share my love of crafting with some of my old in-real-life friends. In the end, I had such an overwhelming response that I had to turn some girls away. Stab me in the heart.
2. Plan, plan, plan. Even before sending out invites, plan what crafts you will to make. Not only will this step provide for a great teaser in the invite ("We'll be making X, Y, and Zs!!"), you'll also have more time to fine tune everything as the party approaches. Take inventory of the supplies you already have and make lists of the supplies you need to gather.
3. Time it. Be realistic about time frame. One project may take the entire duration of the party. Or teach your guests a smattering of techniques with 3-5 simple projects to fill the afternoon. Whatever you do, time yourself as you make each sample in order to guesstimate how long to schedule the party or when to quit coming up with more and more projects. (Ahem, super guilty here.)
4. Details. Don't forget about tools. This was an afterthought for me and I scrambled the day before asking people to bring extra scissors and paper punches. At the last minute, I was buying needles and tape and asking guests to sharpen their own pencils. Tools are just as important as the craft supplies themselves and although we're all grown-ups, let's face it; in this case, the less sharing the better!
Do double duty with party favors and set out bags labeled with each guest's name so there is a space for her to put finished crafts throughout the party and a handy way to tote home her spoils.
When engineering day?
When is challenge cup final?
Workshop where metals are melted or refined?
Why interview questions?
Who subject to pcb?
How much maintenance does a tesla need?
Who meaning in hindi?
Where to market real estate?
Where to type math equations?
How much do algorithm engineers make?
Which is opportunity cost in economics?
How diagram wiring?
How much architect cost philippines?
Why overcoming obstacles is important?
What challenge was archie doing?
How many transfer agents are there?
When theory becomes law?
How interview is conducted?
Where is the ica facility?
Where you from question?
Who leadership and management?
Where to create users in active directory?
Which object has the greatest inertia?
When leadership spells danger?
How working from home affects mental health?
Where to buy math books?
When career accelerator?
How much career gap is acceptable in tcs?
How much gen korean bbq?
How far meaning in urdu?
Which questions to ask in an interview?
Who marketing definition?
How much generator cost?
How generation gap is destroying family life?
When leadership spells danger?
How improvement synonym?
Where to challenge cna test?
Who classification of leukemia?
Who challenged roe v wade?
How often survey question examples?
Who examples in hindi?
How many opportunity costs are in each decision?
Where to write subject in formal letter?
How long should a workshop be?
What skills dbt?
What does this diagram show?
How many important latitudes are there?
Whom invented internet?
How much grow light do succulents need?
Where to plant rhubarb?
Why classification is important in machine learning?
How challenge council tax band?
What improvement can be done in the company?
Who uses telegram?
How degree marks are calculated?
How improvement marks are added?
Whose activities esl?
Where to architects work?
How to favorite a website on iphone?
Where is dean wilson from create and craft?
How long interview answers should be?
Where to summarize article?
When subject complement?
Who said to whom questions?
Who job opportunity?
Which generation ipad do i have?
How architect design a house?
Which marketing course is best?
Who's theory was natural selection?
What degree is an approach wedge?
Why means testing is bad?
Whose body chapter summary?
What answers to put on hinge?
Blogger who got bad botox?
Which examples demonstrate cultural diffusion?
How far generator from house?
How classification is advantageous?
How much industrial solar?
Who skills for health?
How many skills for cna test?
When internet started to be publicly available?
Why challenge eli njuchi?
How much math do engineers use?
Whom usage in a sentence?
Who is the best architect in ghana?
Where questions with pictures?
When opportunity knocks open the door?
What do most treadmills measure distance in?
How much vacancy in ssc gd 2022?
Why machine wash warm?
Most important skills today?
Why grow sunflowers?
Which summary accurately translates the dialect?
How many algorithms are there to solve a rubik's cube?
Whose theory was confirmed by young s experiment?
Whose example relative pronoun?
How to decide which research method to use?
Where to market shoes?
Why maintenance is important?
Where is facility?
Where to buy algorithm trading?
What interview questions are illegal?
Whom indirect object examples?
Which industrial revolution began around 1850?
Where to watch generation?
How many blog posts before traffic?
Who examples questions?
Where opportunity meets?
Why transfer from coinbase pro to coinbase?
Why skills are important in life?
Why working from home is bad?
Where is career launcher?
How much generation of laptop?
5. Don't break the bank. Don't be afraid to ask your guests to bring a small amount of cash to share in the cost of supplies. I've never known a craft party without a supply fee (at least when the hostess is providing supplies). Another reason it's so important to determine the projects before sending out the invite is so that you can set a realistic budget and a realistic amount to pass on to each guest. I'll be completely honest here and say that my party did cost more than $10/person. But my intention was not to break even, it was only to avoid breaking the bank and to bless my friends with a wonderful get-together.
You might also like
Christmas Party Craft Idea: Embossed Napkins
Ideas for Drawing Names for Christmas : Party Crafts ...
ALEX Toys Craft Duct Tape Party
Toy (ALEX Toys)
- Create dozens of items out of duct tape
- Lots of great ideas to create necklaces, bracelets, hairclips and more
- Includes 12 rolls of duct tape, 4 jump rings, 2 metal D Rings, 4 earring hooks, 2 stretchy loops, 3 bangles, hole punch and a brooch pin
- Also includes a pre-sewn pouch, 3 cardboard templates, purse template, 2 stencils, 2 sheets non-stick paper and easy instructions
- Recommended for children 3 years of age and older
Tinksky Christmas Photo Booth Props 17pcs DIY Kit for Party Supplies, Featuring Glasses Moustache Red Lips Deer Horn Santa Hat
- 17 pieces of different DIY photo booth props in one set will be sold together.
- Material: durable cardstock and bamboo stick.
- Mainly includes moustaches, eye glasses, red lips, deer horn, Santa Clauss hat, gift box, tie, smoking pipe, etc.
- Enjoy the fun time with your friends by providing them the funny photo booth props.
- They are just great for Christmas, birthday, weddings, family reunion, graduation party. etc.
Mazichands Arts and Crafts for Girls - Best Birthday/Christmas Gifts/Toys/DIY for Kids - Premium Bracelet(Jewelry) Making Kit/Toy aka Friendship Bracelets Maker/Craft Kits with Loom, Rubber Bands, Clips & Manual
- ➽ PERFECT GIFT for Birthdays, Christmas, Kids, Sisters, Special Occasions, Sleepover Parties, Giveaway and Holiday. Great for young, innovative and creative crafters...
- ➽ Create unlimited Charming & Colorful Friendship Bracelets, Necklaces, Rings and More! GUARANTEE fun & learn time for kids & crafters. Keeps busy for...
- ➽ Includes: 24 C-clips, 1 Extra Strong Hook, 1 Unbreakable Loom(NEVER FEAR BREAKAGE), 1 Instruction Manual and 600 latex-free(100% SAFE FOR KIDS) mixed color rubber...
- ➽ COMPLETE 30-DAY NO-HASSLE FREE REPLACEMENT GUARANTEE! ► PLEASE WATCH OUT Counterfeit Product - ★MAZICHANDS★ is the OWNER and ONLY SELLER of MAZICHANDS brand and...
- ➽ CLICK ADD TO CART NOW! Let creativity explore and begin the journey to fun & learn! ► Added Bonus: FREE LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP access to bracelet making tutorial...
Christmas Reindeer Scavenger Hunt Kit Activity with Reward and Candy Canes
- Such a fun activity for your kiddos this year! Can you find Santa s Reindeer hiding about your house?
- You will receive: 9 Reindeer Riddle cards, Instructions, Box of Candy Canes & a Reward of Chocolate Covered Reindeer Marshmallows (all needed for the game).
- This game is designed so that set up is a breeze, the planning & printing is taken care of for you
- High quality graphics
Christmas Ornament Sticker Scenes 24 Ornament Kits
Toy (Fun Express)
- Each Kit Makes 24 Ornaments
- 7 Ornaments
- 24 Sticker Sheets