Ideas for Christmas Crafts Homemade
1. Empty coffee can (I forgot to take a picture, but it's just a normal coffee can!)
2. Paper plate (The coated kind works best since it's going to be coated with paint.)
3. Black paint/sponge paintbrush
4. Hot glue/hot glue gun
6. Black cardstock (I used two pieces.)
7. Ribbon & accents (this is where you can get creative!)
1. Wrap cardstock around the coffee can and secure the paper to the can with hot glue. Cut off the excess paper around the can. (You can paint the coffee can, if you prefer. Mine had a sticker on it and I couldn't get it all off!)
2. Cut a 4-inch diameter circle in the middle of the paper plate. Make sure the circle is smaller than the coffee can.
3. Paint both sides of the paper plate black.
4. Take the coffee can lid and put it over the closed end of the can.
5. Hot glue the coffee can to the paper plate, with the open end facing the plate.
6. Once your coffee can and plate are attached, you can use any kind of ribbon and accents to glue around the base! I found an old arrangement of pine cones and berries, and I just happened to have some thick burlap ribbon that I wasn't using. (It also would be cute to add a Cardinal to the top of the hat.I was lazy and didn't want to run to Michael's, so I glued a poinsettia flower there.)
DIY Christmas Decors and Gifts: 30 Budget Friendly Christmas Projects to Make with Family, Friends & Loved Ones (DIY Household Hacks & Christmas Crafts)
DIY Christmas Gifts & Ideas: Over 30 Easy Christmas Gifts & Decoration Ideas for this Winter (Do It Yourself, Christmas, Gifts, Holiday Season, Presents, ... Homemade, Arts & Crafts, Quick & Easy)
What are good ideas for Christmas crafts.
There are many good ideas for Christmas crafts. Making handmade Christmas cards is a nice way to get into the Holiday spirit. Baking cookies is also a long standing tradition.