Paper Crafting for Kids
Amy is a stay-at-home mommy to her 1-year-old daughter, Hailey Mae. She is a lover of all things domestic and blogs about her cooking, crafting, and parenting adventures on her personal blog, The Artful Blogger.
Paper crafting is an art form that uses paper to create 3-D objects. Designs can range from simple to highly elaborate, but we've come up with some fun and creative ideas that are perfect for kids.
- Printable template
- Black card stock
- Hole punch
- Drinking straws
- Trace around the mustache template on the black card stock, then cut it out.
- Use the hole punch to make a hole in the center of the mustache.
- Slide the mustache onto a drinking straw.
- Card stock
- Draw or trace a star on a piece of card stock, then cut it out.
- Fold the star along 1 of the points to crease it, then unfold the star. Repeat with the remaining 4 points so that there are 5 creases total running across the star.
- Fold the creases that lead to the point of the star so that they pop outward, then fold the creases between the points so that they pop inward.
- Scrapbook paper
- Cut out a circle from the scrapbook paper that is approximately 1 inch wide.
- Cut out strips from the scrapbook paper that are 1/2 inch wide and between 1 and 3 inches long.
- Fold the longest strips in half and glue the ends of the strips around the circle.
- Working from longest to shortest, glue the strips on top of each other to form the flower.
- Once all the strips are in place, glue a button to the center of the flower.
4M Recycled Paper Beads Kit
DCWV Cardstock Matstack, Jewels, 87 Sheets, 4-1/2 x 6-1/2 inches
Art and Craft Supply (Die Cuts With A View)
RoseArt Origami Fun Folding Paper Kit, Includes 32-Piece of Assorted Color Paper, Packaging May Vary
Toy (Mega Brands)
ALEX Toys Little Hands Ready, Set, Cut
Toy (ALEX Toys)
We R Memory Keepers Blunt Tip Needles
Art and Craft Supply (We R Memory Keepers)
Paper Crafts for Kids.
For a special gift idea, spritz some perfume or men's cologne, into the wet stuff, and when your creation is dry, you can punch a hole, embellish, and voila!: a car air freshener, a closet pomander, or drawer sachet. How about using tea tree oil (adults only) and make a flea repellent type sachet to tuck in the dog's bed. I painted my cross and will be making many things from this fun, easy, readily available repurposeable paper cup carrier. Have fun!
By manictide from Matawan, NJ