Homemade best friend gift ideas
One rule of DIY gifting: Don't wait until the last minute to get started.
The holidays are fast approaching. If you’re planning to make any do-it-yourself gifts for the people on your list, it’s time to start getting them together. Whether you’re an experienced crafter or last made papier-mâché sculptures in third grade, you can make great homemade gifts. Here’s how to get started.
The Principles of Homemade Gifting
- Don’t try to learn a new skill now. Many of the gift ideas on this list take next-to-no skill. But if you’re not super crafty, now is not the time to try to learn a new skill to make holiday gifts – unless you have the help of someone who already knows what he or she is doing. Stick with gift ideas that are within your current skill set. Then, starting at the first of the year, you can learn to sew, knit or whatever to make other gifts.
- Give yourself plenty of time. The bane of all crafters is the last-minute gift attempt. Sure, you can leave conventional shopping until the last minute and come out with basically the same results. Not so when it comes to holiday crafting! Whether you’re making one gift or 50, start crafting as soon as possible so you can take your time.
- Think of the recipient. Of course, you always want to think of your recipient when choosing gifts. But if you’re buying something from a box store, friends or family can always take back something that doesn’t quite fit them or their tastes. When you’re making handmade gifts, this isn’t the case. So extra thought is definitely required.
- Shop around for supplies. Most big craft stores – Michael’s, JoAnn Fabric and Hobby Lobby, especially – have great sales on craft supplies periodically. Sign up online to get notifications of what these stores have on sale each week. Most of them also send out great coupons on a regular basis, so you can save on your bigger-ticket supplies.
22 Gifts to Try
Now that we got that out of the way, here are some great homemade gift ideas to try. They range from small, inexpensive gifts for teachers and others in your life, to larger, more time-intensive ideas for close friends and family members.
Jar Gifts. Gifts in a jar have been around forever. But that doesn’t mean they’ve gone out of style. These pretty, simple gifts are great for teachers, neighbors, service workers and just about anyone else on your list. Try the classic cookies in a jar or this adorable reindeer-decorated hot chocolate in a jar. For a healthier option, try soup in a jar. Or give the gift of a spa night with these layered peppermint bath salts.
For a bit more money, you can also put together a creative gift inside a larger jar. Try this sewing kit, a winter survival kit or a spa in a jar.See also:
- The professional company binary-method provides all the information on binary options.
Kogood - Hamburger Press - Stuffed Burger Press - Best Hamburger Patty Maker For You - Christmas Gifts Ideas For Kitchen - Make A Chef Meal By Yourself
FlowerArtC1724-Final Fantasy Ix Art 18 x 18 Pillow Cover Unique Custom Decorative Pillowcase-Best Gifts for Christmas
Home (Flower Art)
Colore Chalkboard Labels - For Bakery and Cookie Boxes, Biscotti Jar, Bedroom Storage Container, Kitchen Cabinet - FREE Chalk Pen & Door Hanger - Kids Clothing, Shoe, Garage & Desk Organizer - 48 Pack
Home (Colore Art)
Cupcake Liners-Silicone Baking Cups-Set of 12 Standard Size Nonstick Cupcake Molds-Muffin Liners-NO BPA
Kitchen (Hands Brands LLC)
Neonphoenix Christmas Holiday Gift 100% Hand Painted on Canvas Hot Sale Christmas Gift Scrawl Picture Oil Painting 5-pieces Artwork Landscape for Living Room Home and Wall Decoration
What is a creative homemade christmas gift for your best girl friends
Homemade gift idea for best friends: Get fleece fabric in their favorite colors, cut into a scarf, then sew a cute applique on it!